Caring for the Planet is Part of Doing Business
At CenterPoint, we believe industrial real estate presents an opportunity and a responsibility to make our world a little greener. So we find smart logistics solutions to cut carbon emissions. We develop energy-efficient buildings that save resources. And we ensure proper disposal of hazardous materials to make tenants, communities and local environments safer. We ground our operations in sustainability so we can preserve resources for years to come—and improve bottom lines.
Conserving Resources with State-of-the-Art Facilities
Reducing Your Waste and Energy Costs
Sustainable operations are a cornerstone of our industrial portfolio. When we evaluate our properties, we take a critical look at our carbon footprint and seek opportunities to implement more efficient, cost-effective measures. We’re constantly working to incorporate sustainability features like:
- Hybrid car parking, carpool parking and bicycle storage
- “Cool” white PVC and TPO roofs that lower energy costs and aid stormwater management
- Water-conserving irrigation systems and plumbing
- Native, drought-tolerant landscaping plants
- Energy-efficient lighting
- Skylights and clerestory windows that enable natural ventilation and minimize glare and solar heat gain
- HVAC/ Thermostat Upgrades
- Mechanical systems and HVAC / thermostat upgrades
- Motion-sensitive lighting sensors
- Low-emitting sealants, adhesives and carpeting
To learn more about our sustainability expertise, contact Elena Daniel at email@example.com.
Restoring Contaminated Land
Rebuilding and revitalizing brownfield real estate can be complicated. But handled properly, brownfields can be developed into highly efficient, sustainable properties that create new jobs and improve infrastructure. Our Brownfield Redevelopment team has the expertise to make brownfields work for your goals while deftly navigating the liabilities typically associated with contaminated real estate.
Take a look at some of our most successful brownfield redevelopment projects here.
Maximizing efficiency and long-term profitability
CenterPoint has years of experience adhering to green standards and navigating environmental regulations. Over the past few years, we’ve grown our portfolio of properties certified by USGBC Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)—and our commitment to meeting these standards continues.
We also continually keep tabs on the water usage, energy utilization and overall carbon footprint of our properties using ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager.
Our ENERGY STAR-Certified Properties:
- 20250 South Alameda Street, Compton, CA
- 2883 East Victoria Street, Compton, CA
- 7391 Heil Ave, Huntington Beach, CA
- 8707 San Leandro Street, Oakland, CA
- 3480 West Marginal Way, Seattle, WA
- 3518 -3546 West Marginal Way, Seattle, WA
CenterPoint is an 11-year USGBC corporate member and proud partner of GRESB and ENERGY STAR.