Private: CenterPoint Intermodal Center – Joliet/Elwood
Unparalleled Intermodal Access
CenterPoint Intermodal Center has unmatched access to two highly connected intermodal locations. The campus’ surround both the Union Pacific Joliet Intermodal Terminal & the BNSF Logistics Park Chicago Making CIC one of the most desirable intermodal locations in the U.S.
Union Pacific Joliet Intermodal Terminal
Strategically located directly outside the Chicago metropolitan area, this facility offers reduced drayage costs to Chicago destinations and convenient highway access to the nearby Midwest markets. UP JIT also provides necessary transportation capacity for industries looking to locate facilities outside of Chicago’s capacity constrained downtown area.
- Opened in 2010
- 835 Acres
- Volumes projected to exceed 1.2 Million lifts per year at full build out
- International and domestic intermodal service to and from every West Coast port
BNSF Logistics Park Chicago
Realizing that the rail yards in Chicago were reaching their capacity, BNSF chose Elwood, IL to build Logistics Park Chicago.
- Opened in 2002
- 770 Acres
- 2,700± Lifts Per Day
- Stack capability of 6,000 containers & 4,800 wheeled containers
- LPC can accommodate entire trains, speeding up time from entry to departure
- Service to and from: Los Angeles, Long Beach, Seattle, Tacoma, Oakland and Houston