CenterPoint to Begin Vertical Construction at the Port of Oakland Seaport Logistics Complex
Posted By Staff Writers On July 19, 2019 @ 8:00 am
CenterPoint continues to move forward on the construction of CenterPoint Landing, a 460,000-square-foot logistics facility at the Port of Oakland Seaport Logistics Complex. Port of Oakland Commissioners recently approved a building construction permit, giving CenterPoint the green light to begin vertical construction.
“We look forward to starting vertical construction and continuing to work closely with the Port to make sure this project is a point of pride for everyone involved,” said CenterPoint Chief Development Officer Michael Murphy.
The facility, which is set to be complete in mid-2020, is strategically located next to a recently built railyard for quick and easy transloading. It will also provide sustainable and economic benefits including:
- Tenant priority for local and disadvantaged hiring
- Eliminating truck trips resulting in reduced waste and construction traffic
- Implementing measures to enhance future warehouse working life and safety such as enhanced indoor air quality
- Allowance for rooftop solar panels
- Using environmentally sustainable construction materials and methodologies