CenterPoint Earns LEED® Certification for 226 GSP Logistics Parkway, Greer, SC
Posted By Staff Writers On June 18, 2020 @ 9:00 am
OAK BROOK, IL – CenterPoint Properties proudly announces 226 GSP Logistics Parkway in Greer, South Carolina has been LEED-certified by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC).
“Our team delivered on CenterPoint’s mission to build and reposition properties that not only have the modern amenities today’s industrial tenants need, but also give them long-term savings through myriad environmental upgrades,” said Brian Hollings, CenterPoint Vice President of Development.
Over the past year, CenterPoint instituted a number of energy and cost-saving upgrades to the 271,890 SF distribution facility to achieve LEED certification, including:
- Erosion and Sedimentation Control (ESC) and Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) measures to reduce sedimentation of local waterways and stormwater runoff
- Reflective roof membrane to reduce heat island effect
- Drought-tolerant landscaping and high-efficiency irrigation and controls
- Reduced parking footprint and preferred parking for low-emitting and fuel-efficient vehicles
- High-efficiency plumbing fixtures
- High-efficiency LED interior and exterior lighting
- Efficient building envelope and enhanced HVAC controls
- Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) to offset 600% of the facility’s estimated energy use
- Fundamental commissioning to ensure proper design, installation and operation of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
- Low-emitting construction materials and finishes
- A construction Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Management Plan
- Occupant thermal comfort design in compliance with ASHRAE Standard 55-2017
The LEED certification upgrade project reached the following milestones:
- 80% of construction waste was diverted from landfills
- 24% energy cost savings
- 35% reduction in indoor potable water use
- 71% reduction in outdoor potable water use
- 17% of building materials were from regional sources
- 15% of building materials were recycled content
“This is CenterPoint’s 14th LEED-certified property, further demonstrating our commitment to offering our current and future tenants the benefits of environmentally sound, sustainable and high-performance facilities,” said Elena Daniel, CenterPoint Vice President of ESG and Corporate Affairs.
For CenterPoint Development, Asset Management, and Investment opportunities in the Eastern Region, please contact:
About CenterPoint Properties
CenterPoint is an industrial real estate company made up of dedicated thinkers, innovators and leaders with the creativity and know-how to tackle the industry’s toughest challenges. And it’s those kinds of problems—the delicate, the complex, the seemingly-impossible—that we relish most. Because with an agile team, substantial access to capital and industry-leading expertise, those are exactly the kinds of problems we’re built to solve. For more information on CenterPoint Properties, visit centerpoint.com, follow @CenterPointProp on Twitter or engage with us on LinkedIn.