CenterPoint CEO Bob Chapman Receives Honorable Mention for CPE’s Industrial Property Executive of the Year
Posted By Staff Writers On February 6, 2019 @ 8:02 am
Commercial Property Executive (CPE) released its 22nd annual CPE Executive of the Year Awards, awarding CenterPoint CEO Bob Chapman with an Honorable Mention for Industrial Property Executive of the Year. Since 2013, Chapman has overseen the company’s development, acquisition and management of industrial property and related rail, road and port infrastructure.
In 2018, CenterPoint completed strategic acquisitions, made significant progress on development projects and successfully managed assets nationwide, including the following highlights:
- Acquired properties in key distribution markets including Northern and Southern California, South Florida, Houston, the Greater Seattle area and port-related submarkets of New Jersey
- Began construction on the 440,000-square-foot CenterPoint Landing on the Seaport Logistics Campus at the Port of Oakland in California
- Completed a build-to-suit container yard for KW International at CenterPoint’s LakeView Corporate Park located one mile north of the Illinois-Wisconsin border
- Closed a five-year lease to Uline for a new 417,384-square-foot speculative building in Wisconsin
- Announced a 450,660-square-foot speculative building within the CenterPoint Intermodal Center in Kansas City, where in February a 300,000-square-foot speculative facility was leased to three tenants
- Became an EPA ENERGY STAR® partner
The CPE Executive of the Year Awards are based on confidential votes by senior-level industry executives that serve on CPE’s volunteer advisory board.