CenterPoint Announces Partnership with EPA’s ENERGY STAR® Program
Posted By Staff Writers On December 3, 2018 @ 9:26 am
OAK BROOK, IL – CenterPoint Properties, leader in the development, redevelopment, acquisition and management of industrial real estate, is proud to announce joining EPA’s ENERGY STAR program as an ENERGY STAR partner.
CenterPoint, through its voluntary partnership with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s ENERGY STAR Program, will work to improve energy efficiency and fight climate change through a strategic, corporate energy management program that will enhance the organization’s financial health and help preserve the environment for future generations.
“CenterPoint is pleased to become an ENERGY STAR partner,” said Bob Chapman, CEO, CenterPoint Properties. “Through this partnership, we will demonstrate our commitment to environmental stewardship and lower our energy costs by improving the energy efficiency of the buildings we own/manage,” stated Elena Daniel, Vice President, ESG & Corporate Affairs.
CenterPoint recently earned ENERGY STAR® certification from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) 2018 for the following owned/managed properties:
- 7391 Heil Ave, Huntington Beach, CA
- 3480 W. Marginal Way, Seattle, WA
- 3518 -3546 W. Marginal Way, Seattle, WA
In partnership with ENERGY STAR, CenterPoint will:
- Measure and track the energy performance of our organization’s facilities where possible by using tools such as those offered through ENERGY STAR;
- Develop and implement a plan consistent with the ENERGY STAR Energy Management Guidelines to achieve energy savings;
- Help spread the word about the importance of energy efficiency to our staff and community;
- Support the ENERGY STAR Challenge, a national call-to-action to help improve the energy efficiency of America’s commercial and industrial buildings by 10 percent or more;
- Highlight our achievements with recognition offered through ENERGY STAR.
The ENERGY STAR label can be found on more than 60 different kinds of products as well as new homes and commercial and industrial buildings that meet strict energy-efficiency specifications set by the EPA. Over the past twenty years, American families and businesses have saved a total of nearly $230 billion on utility bills and prevented more than 1.7 billion metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions with help from ENERGY STAR.
For more information about the ENERGY STAR program visit: www.energystar.gov/buildings
About CenterPoint Properties
CenterPoint is an industrial real estate company made up of dedicated thinkers, innovators, and leaders with the creativity and know-how to tackle the industry’s toughest challenges. And it’s those kinds of problems—the delicate, the complex, the seemingly-impossible—that we relish most. Because with an agile team, substantial access to capital, and industry-leading expertise, those are exactly the kinds of problems we’re built to solve. For more information on CenterPoint Properties, visit centerpoint.com, follow @centerpointprop on Twitter or engage with us on LinkedIn.