CenterPoint Landing at Oakland Seaport LEED Attributes
- Preferred-parking was allocated for electric, fuel-efficient/low-emitting and high-occupancy vehicles. Underground infrastructure was installed to support future electric vehicle charging.
- A reflective roof membrane was installed to reduce the amount of heat from the sun absorbed by the building and improve the overall microclimate.
- Drought-tolerant plants and a high-efficiency irrigation system were used to cut potable water for irrigation by 57%.
- Low flow plumbing fixtures were used throughout the facility to reduce indoor potable water consumption by 33%.
Energy & Atmosphere
- Building design measures and mechanical systems were implemented to slash energy consumption by 48%.
Materials & Resources
- Over 40% of the building materials used contain recycled and locally sourced materials.
- Over 84% of construction waste was diverted from landfills.
- Sourced 26% of building materials regionally.
Indoor Environmental Quality
- Interior finishes – including adhesives, sealants, paints and flooring – with low levels of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) were used to improve indoor air quality.
- 332 skylights were installed to increase occupant comfort and reduce overhead lighting energy usage.